INTERIOR DESIGNER/INTERIOR ARCHITECT – BIRMINGHAM, AL
BDG Architects has a current opening for a qualified Interior Designer with 7 - 10 years of experience to work with our Interior Design Studio in Birmingham Alabama. Applicants must demonstrate an ability to perform a variety of interior design project assignments under the general supervision of a senior project manager. The Interior Designer will have direct working contact with the client representatives to develop functional, sustainable and aesthetic designs. Responsibilities will focus on program development, space planning, construction documents, FF&E selection/specification, development of sketches and renderings and coordination with interior design elements on architecture projects.
• 7-10 years or more experience
• Licensed to practice Interior Design (NCIDQ)
• Project Management Skills
• Oversite and project management of projects and the design team
• Limited oversite from management
• Corporate and hospitality design experience
• Excel in collaborative team building and must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Knowledgeable about building codes and ADA accessibility
• Researches, selects and specifies colors/finishes/materials/furniture
• Performs site survey and documentation
• Experience with client communications, client interaction and maintenance of client relationships
• Manage Interiors project from programming to CA
• Ability to make field decisions
• Review of schematic designs for codes
• Review of construction documents for conflicts
• Ability to calculate BOMA measurements
• Proficient in AutoCAD Architecture & Revit Architecture, Sketch-Up, MS Office, Adobe Photoshop
• Participate in marketing efforts and participate in presentations to clients
• Strategic thinking, including design, production of documents and detailing
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
BDG Architects offers a comprehensive benefit package including options for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance and the ability to participate in a 401K program. Our Birmingham office is located in the heart of Downtown Birmingham! If you are interested in being a part of this dynamic growing firm please submit your letter of interest, resume and work samples in pdf format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
WALCOTT ADAMS VERNEUILLE ARCHITECTS in Fairhope, Alabama is seeking a PROJECT ARCHITECT
WAV Architects is an award winning architecture firm, based in the beautiful coastal town of Fairhope, Alabama, and is seeking a new project architect to join it’s growing team. Although we have more than 30 years of experience serving a wide range of clients, we maintain a vibrant and innovative culture focused on building happy, thriving employees, as well as designing beautiful projects in a variety of scale and types. Interested candidates should be licensed, or interested in pursuing a license. Send a resume to email@example.com. Please no phone inquiries.
Locations: Destin, FL; Pensacola, FL; Panama City, FL; Tallahassee, FL
DAG Architects has an immediate opening for a BIM Manager with at least five years of experience working with BIM operations. DAG Architects is a design-based architectural firm that has consecutively served the Gulf Coast region since 1981. We currently have four fully-staffed studios located along the Panhandle and are looking to add an experienced individual who is passionate about Building Information Modeling to oversee the successful implementation of BIM use across all offices.
The BIM Manager will oversee workflow, best practices development and training tools to ensure that our project teams are operating at maximum efficiency. This person will help manage and monitor the progress of the BIM workflow between project teams and our consultants with an emphasis on collaboration and communication. The person in this position will stay abreast of everchanging BIM practices and help identify opportunities to leverage technology to continually improve the firm’s design and production processes.
DAG Architects has IT staff that will support hardware and non-BIM applications. The BIM manager will communicate with IT staff, but is not expected to perform non-BIM related technical tasks.
The successful candidate will:
Benefits of Being at DAG:
Contact Amy Gass at firstname.lastname@example.org
Humphreys and Partners Architects, L.P. (HPA) is an Architectural and Urban Design, Master Planning and Land Planning firm engaged in the design of high-rise, mid-rise, mixed-use, luxury, senior, affordable and student housing in markets across the country and internationally. We have a reputation for excellent design combined with a high level of technical expertise, as well as a reputation for exemplary customer service. HPA is headquartered in Dallas, TX with regional offices throughout the United States and Internationally.
We are currently seeking a Project Coordinator to join the High Density (High-Rise) Team in our Orlando, FL office. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing one or more projects from Design Development to the Construction Administration phase and will report to the Project Manager. This candidate will interface directly with the consultants, contractors, team members and architects.